Cubs Back Home at Wrigley to Take On Brewers – Series Preview: April 26-28, 2016
What a weekend that was in Cincinnati. It always amazes me when I think about what the Cubs’ players must go through over an entire season. Every series brings it own story-line, it’s own personality, and with it comes incredible highs and lows. This season so far we’ve seen a lot more highs than lows, although the lowest low had to be losing Kyle Scwharber for the season.
We’ve come to the last series that will begin and end in April. Next week against the Braves, the series will end on May 1st. One month down, five more to go. This is just getting good, folks.
The Cubs take on the Milwaukee Brewers as they head back home for a six-game home stand before heading to Pittsburgh.
Game Times & Broadcast Info
- Tuesday, April 26 at 7:05 PM CDT on CSN
- Wednesday, April 27 at 7:05 PM CDT on WGN
- Thursday, April 28 at 1:20 PM CDT on CSN
What to watch for
- The Cubs come into the series 14-5 on the year, compared to the Brewers at 8-11. On paper, this one looks like a surefire blowout. Of course, we all know that the game’s not played on paper and the Brewers will be up for this early season rivalry matchup with the Cubs.
- Brewers pitching ranks 27th in fWAR, 29th in FIP, and 30th in ERA. Again, on paper this looks pretty bad, and it is. No way to gloss over this one, they stink so far at pitching. Look for the Cubs to take advantage of this and work over the entire staff.
- Both Jason Heyward and Kris Bryant took huge strides offensively in the last series against the Reds. Jason went 9-for-17 with four walks, five runs, five RBIs and three stolen bases. Kris was 8-for-19 with two walks, five runs and eight RBIs. Look for both of them to keep rolling against the Brewers, which would be great news for the Cubs’ already top scoring offense. Bad news for every other team.