A lot happened this weekend and most….no, all of it was good. An exciting weekend if you’re a Cubs fan and here’s a look at everything that went down:
Friday, May 6, 2016
- Dexter Fowler was tossed from the first game of the series against the Nationals, his first ejection in his entire life. We talked about why he was ejected on Friday (w/ video).
- The Cubs celebrated the 18th anniversary of Kerry Wood’s 20 strikeout game (w/video).
- The Cubs announced make-up dates for the two rain-outs against the Brewers and the Braves.
- John Lackey struck out 11 batters and Ben Zobrist had two home runs, including back-to-back home runs between Ben and Anthony Rizzo (w/ video), to power the Cubs over the Nationals 8-6 (w/ video) for their 5th win in a row.
- Oh, and Dexter Fowler made one heck of a catch in Friday’s game (w/ video) that you don’t want to miss.
Saturday, May 7, 2016
- Shane Victorino headed to Iowa after an extended spring training stay in Arizona due to a strained left calf.
- The Cubs won their sixth in a row by scoring eight runs on a day the wind was gusting in.
- There were lots of great highlights we watched from the Cubs big win, including Kris Bryant’s monster home run into the teeth of the wind (w/ video).
Sunday, May 8, 2016
- Sunday was Mother’s Day and we celebrated in Cubs’ style (w/ video).
- Neil Ramirez was back after being on bereavement leave and Spencer Patton was sent back to Iowa after a rough first outing.
- The Cubs win a thrilling game to sweep the Nationals (w/ video) as Javier Baez, doing his best Sammy Sosa hop, hammers the game winning home run (w/ video) in the bottom of the 13th inning.
- And finally, Nationals pitcher, Tanner Roark, was pouting about losing and said the Cubs were scared of Bryce Harper….duh!?