After a 5-2 homestand, the Cubs head to Cincinnati to duke it out with the Reds over three night games. If it seems like the Cubs and Reds just saw each other, that’s because they did. The two teams split a four-game series just a week ago at Wrigley.
The Reds, who are 5-5 in their last 10 games, still sit dead last in the Central division, some 14 games behind the first-place Cubs.
The Cubs, 7-3 in their last 10 games, are coming off of a thrilling three-game sweep of Jose Bautista and the Toronto Blue Jays. But wait, there’s more! Anthony Rizzo is red hot and was named National League player of the week due to his sizzling .429 average, in addition to two home runs, and 13 RBI over the last seven games.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Tuesday, August 22 at 6:10 CT on WGN
- Wednesday, August 23 at 6:10 CT on CSN-C
- Thursday, August 24 at 6:10 CT on CSN-C
What To Watch For
- Reds first baseman Joey Votto is batting .367 with three homers, five doubles and 13 RBI in 13 games against the Cubs this season. He’s just one of those guys that always finds a way to hit the Cubs.
- Kris Bryant has a career .293 average with five home runs at Great American Ball Park. Three of those blasts came on June 27, 2016, when he went 5-for-5 with six RBI.
- Jake Arrieta is in his best stretch of the season, going 5-1 with a 2.00 ERA in his last seven. He has allowed two or fewer earned runs during this impressive run.