Cubs @ Dodgers Series Preview (June 24-27): TV and Game Info, Starting Pitchers, Insights
The Cubs (41-33) have been scuffling with the bats as they trudge through their nightmare June schedule. Chicago has held up pretty well so far, thanks in large part to some help from teams facing the Brewers, but a grueling 10-game trip still looms, beginning with four at Dodger Stadium.
The Dodgers (44-30) are getting healthier and playing better, reaching a season-high 17-games over .500 Sunday before being swept in San Diego. Despite that upswing, the surprising San Francisco Giants remain in first place in the NL West.
Max Muncy‘s return is a big boost to the lineup, as is that of Cody Bellinger, who has missed most of the season with leg issues. Justin Turner has been good while Mookie Betts has been eerily quiet in 2021.
Los Angeles still has a lights-out rotation with the three-headed monster of Trevor Bauer, Walker Buehler, and Clayton Kershaw. The former member of that trio will not appear in this one, but the Cubs still have their hands full with a Dodgers staff that ranks third in baseball in ERA (3.27) and second in WHIP (1.11).
Sweeping the defending champions in Chicago was one thing, but this is a whole different animal. Buckle those seatbelts, Cubs fans, it’s gonna be a wild ride.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Thursday, June 24 at 9:10pm CT on MLB Network and Marquee
- Friday, June 25 at 9:10pm CT on Marquee
- Saturday, June 26 at 6:15pm CT on FOX
- Sunday, June 27 at 6:08pm CT on ESPN
What to Watch For
- Willson Contreras reached base five times against Cleveland, including two doubles and a homer.
- Davies looks to bounce back after a clunker against the Marlins in his last start.
- Kris Bryant hit his first homer since June 4 on Tuesday, so hopefully a hot streak is coming.
- Since 2015, the Cubs have a 5-12 regular-season record at Dodger Stadium. They did win two of three there in the 2016 NLCS.