Cubs @ White Sox Series Preview (August 27-29): TV and Game Info, Starting Pitchers, Insights
The Cubs (56-73) took a rare step forward against the Rockies at Wrigley Field this week, winning two of three from what might be the worst road team in over 50 years. The degree of difficulty increases substantially for the rebuilding squad as they travel across the city for three games against the White Sox this weekend.
The Sox (74-55) continue to sit comfortably atop the AL Central and are coasting into the playoffs. The returns of Luis Robert and Eloy Jiménez have stabilized an already potent lineup that can hang crooked numbers with ease. Lance Lynn anchors a very good starting pitching staff and the additions of Craig Kimbrel and Ryan Tepera from the Cubs should have further strengthened their bullpen, though that’s still a work in progress.
The Southsiders swept the Cubs earlier in the month and have a good shot to do the same in this series. The fans at Guaranteed Rate will be very eager to revel in their rivals’ misfortune, so expect a lively crowd. But hey, maybe the road team can pull off a surprise or two and break up the party for at least a bit.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Friday, August 27 at 7:05pm CT on MLB Network (out of market only) Marquee Sports Network
- Saturday, August 28 at 6:05pm CT on Marquee Sports Network
- Sunday, August 29 at 1:10pm CT on Marquee Sports Network
What to Watch For
- Ian Happ had five hits against the Rockies, including a home run, as he keeps heating up.
- Kimbrel has struggled as a setup man with an ERA of 6.48 as a White Sox.
- It has been a much different story Tepera, who has allowed just a single run in nine innings since the trade.
- Thompson will make his second start after going four innings and giving up two runs against the Royals.