On Tuesday, June 13, the Chicago Cubs will host the club’s annual Pride Celebration at Wrigley Field in support of the LGBTQ+ community. The Pride Celebration at Wrigley Field will take place on the first home game in June when the Cubs take on the Pittsburgh Pirates at 7:05 p.m. CDT.
“I look forward to our Pride Celebration every year,” said Cubs Board Member and Cubs Charities Board Chair Laura Ricketts. “The Cubs have celebrated and championed the LGBTQ+ community for decades, not just during Pride Month, but all year round. I’m honored to represent both the Cubs organization and the LGBTQ+ community and serve as an advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion.”
For the Pride Celebration at Wrigley Field, the Cubs will:
- Fly Progress Pride flags around the Wrigley Field Marquee for the month of June.
- Recognize pregame the Legacy Project, a Chicago-based cultural and education nonprofit dedicated to researching and promoting the contributions of LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Present a check to the Legacy Project to support the creation of a bronze memorial marker in honor of Glenn Burke, the first openly gay MLB player, which will be on display on the Legacy Walk in Lakeview.
- Partner with the LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois on a Pride Market featuring LGBTQ+ owned and friendly businesses at Gallagher Way. The Pride Market will be open Tuesday, June 13, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. CDT.
- Release a limited-edition Pride-themed merchandise collection featuring several T-shirt and cap options for fans to purchase at the Cubs Team Store at Gallagher Way starting June 1. A portion of the proceeds from the collection will benefit Cubs Charities to support LGBTQ+ community partners.
In addition, before the June 13 game against Pittsburgh, TikTok stars Adam Motz and Tee Lam of “2 Dads 2 Twins” will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and two-time James Beard Award winner Chef Art Smith will sing the seventh-inning stretch. Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus, an inclusive, community-based performing arts organization that creates musical experiences to entertain and enlighten, inspire change and build community, will entertain fans pregame at Gallagher Way as well as sing the national anthem. Fans also will enjoy a curated playlist by Chicago-based DJ Ca$h Era during the game.
To participate in the Pride Celebration at Wrigley Field, fans are encouraged to purchase a ticket to the June 13 game through the Pride Celebration Special Ticket Offer which comes with a special-edition Pride-themed Cubs jersey featuring the traditional Pride flag. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket will be donated to Cubs Charities to support LGBTQ+ community partners.
For more information on the Pride Celebration at Wrigley Field and to purchase tickets through the Special Ticket Offer, please visit www.cubs.com/specials.